Thursday, September 10, 2009

Royalbon's Angelique


...... Vince, Angel and Bryan..... happy to have their very own puppy again. And she had her Very Own Boys. It was a great match!
Angel was born March 23rd, 1984. This photo was taken 16 days after she came to live with us - May 28th, 1984. Her ears were floppy before this photo, I taped them up one night, as a "joke" on Hildy who had been struggling on taping Min-Pin puppy ears for weeks on end. Angel's ears never went down, and Hildy continued to struggle with the min-pins ears. Smile. Funny thing, Hildy refused for the longest time to call Angel by her name. She said "There is NO such thing as a Angel "Bull Terrier". I told her she was wrong (which she seldom was of course! but This time She WAS wrong!) but... Just in case I named her "Angelique" after the naughty witch on Dark Shadows - a TV "soap" I watched when I was a teenager so many years before it seemed. I figured I would have "both possibilities covered" and name her Angel (which she hopefully was going to be, And WAS - she was perfect of course!) or Angelique, just in case Hildy was right, and she had a wicked side. Angel actually "had" her name before she was born. I had a dream that I had gone to Bonnie Nelson's house (who was her breeder, and owner of the Royalbon Kennels), and picked out a puppy, which I had brought over to my parents house to show her off, and my sister stopped by to meet my new puppy. My sister in my dream asked me what I named my new ALL White puppy girl... to which I replied matter of factly "ANGEL". The only thing I can figure is that the Song that "Real Life" was singing at the time - "Send Me An Angel" was firmly planted in my brain. That was the song that was playing on my radio when Winnie's final trip to the vet happened. Oh I so wanted to run away from that moment in time.. Anyhow, strangest thing. I bought Angel on my cousin Vonnie's birthday that year, and the following day, was mother's day, as it often falls on or near her birthday. I stopped at my mom and Dad's house on mothers day... - and showed them my new puppy. A all white bully girl that I had not planned to bring home, but Bonnie sent her anyhow, borrowing me a kennel to transport her, and a blanket to get her home with. Corie, my sister who was about 8 months pregnant at the time, and her husband stopped by their house too. And... Corie asked me " So what did you name your new puppy?" ........... deja-vu ........... and "ANGEL" she was from that moment forward. And for Hildy, she Was forever a believer... even though she would tease me when Angel would be a wild little thing that she Did have a wicked side. BIG SMILE!

1 comment:

  1. she WAS an Angel :-) What a darling pup! I think this is also the first time I've ever seen a pic of Winnie.
    Keep writing the blog- I'm loving it :-)
    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete