Sunday, September 6, 2009

Many cats in my life









There were lots of cats on the farm which I carried around. But the first one I brought home for my very own family pet was Alexandra (Alex for short) - we weren't allowed to have pets in our first "home" - the apartment. So I had to sneak her in and hope she didn't make lots of noise. She was not spay. She peed in my shoes and I had to throw them all away. But Still... I loved her. She sadly was killed by a car. One of our neighbors saw a person purposely go off the road to hit her. Even though she never really did any more then tolerate Edel, - he *loved her*. We buried her in the back field behind our house, Bryan was just a baby still. Edel would lay in the middle of the yard on his cable and stare in that direction. I wonder if he mourned her?
The next cat I got was Panda. Cute as a button. Her mother was hit by a car and killed. so maybe she was sent to me by Alex? I know she loved Edel as much as he loved her. She wasn't at all interested in the bull terriers though. And she was our last indoor cat.
when we moved to our new house in 1995 - and 'inherited' a whole load of cats, most very wild, some - kind of tame. I really enjoyed a lot of them. But if you feed them, they will continue to come... and we had too many. so now I don't feed the cats that come to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment